As it stands, I’m driving up Friday night and crashing out at Frazier’s secret headquarters somewhere in the East Bay. Since I don’t like being part of the problem — or paying for parking — I’ll be taking as much public transit as I possibly can. So it’s handy that I managed to stumble upon these handy iPhone related Muni apps that use NextBus information. Now all I need is a native looking (i.e. pretty) trip planner and I’m all set. So… Does anybody know of one off the top of their heads — or am I stuck using 511.org over EDGE?
I probably could have put this on the last post, but I’ve just gotta say that the WiFi here is really quite nice. Much nicer than the conference WiFi that I’m used to, actually. Hopefully it stays nice thru the day.
Just in case you want to say hey, here’s the sessions I’m going to try to be in at WordCamp:
- 9:00am Widgets Showcase (Main Hall)
- 10:00am Blog Promotion and Writing a Compelling Blog (Main Hall)
- 11:00am State of the Word (Main Hall)
- 2:00pm WordPress as CMS (Main Hall)
- 3:00pm Blogs and Journalism (Main Hall)
- 4:00pm High Performance WordPress (Second Room)
- 5:00pm Microformats and Structured Blogging (Second Room)
If you want to check out the other talks, you should probably peep the schedule for yourself.
After spending seven and a half hours on the road — three of which were in LA traffic I might add1 — I’m set up on the fold out at Frazier’s downright palatial Oaktown lair.
Tomorrow is WordCamp, where Frazier and I will will be representing Hipster Mafia2. What that means is him and I are going to go to assorted talks and I’m going to give out business cards and act like a wanker3.
If you see me in the hall and want to say hello or throw rotten fruit, walk over and do so.
I’ll try to update a few times tomorrow as I sit in the sessions — but you know how it goes with me and promising to make updates, right? ;)
- OC to SF by way of Culver City is not something I’d call fun. But that 30 mile, one and a half hour detour netted me $130 and helped me get rid of my Sidekick II.
- That basically means Preshrunk — but we might have another property someday soon.
- Hopefully Arrington or Calacanis don’t magically appear and out-wanker me. That’d make me sad.