I compelled to do a proper post about the weekend Sarah and I had — but everything I’ve written down doesn’t seem to do it justice. Instead, I’m just going to borrow from my gal’s playbook and do a stream of consciousness type list of some of my favorite memories from our weekend together…
- Walking into A New Hue1 to find my girl rocking the red hair.
- Bringing Sarah home to meet my folks.
- Three Words: Raspberry almond cake.
- Having beers at Rob and Lisey‘s place.
- Heading back to my parent’s place for breakfast burritos.
- Getting a nod and a thumbs up from my mom as we left my folks’ house.
- Going to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium.
- Being told, “You know, I’d really have no problem moving here to be with you.”
- Snacking on appetizers at Mao’s.
- Wading into the ocean barefoot at Venice Beach2 while holding hands.
- Talking about marriage and kids with neither Sarah or I freaking out.
- Distracting a pack of zombie seagulls with kettle corn to make a daring escape.
- Getting to play with a MacBook.
- Being given a personal check for “services rendered”.
I’m sure that a lot of this makes no sense when it’s disembodied and taken out of the context of our weekend, but I sort of don’t care… It means a whole bunch to Sarah and I — and that’s really all that matters to me right now.
What can I say? That girl is my universe, yo.
- Warning: Comic Sans ahoy!
- I might have hepatitis now, but it was totally worth it for the moment we shared.